Ingredients and Benefits
• Better quality echinacea than most found on shops. We use Echinacea Angustifolia which is more rare and harder to grow. Most echinacea in shops is Echinacea Perpurea which is thought to be less effective.
• Liquid is much more easily absorbed and therefore generally more effective than tablet or pill form. This is especially beneficial for those with digestion issues/when digestion is compromised.
• The Independent reported that in studies “Echincacea decreased the offs of developing the common cold by 58% and reduced the duration of a cold by 1.4 days”.
• Several clinical trials have reported effects superior to those of a placebo in the prevention of upper respiratory tract infections.
• Rich in antioxidants • A review of 14 studies found that taking echinacea may lower the risk of developing colds by more than 50% and shorten the duration by 1.5 days.
• With strong antioxidant and anti-viral properties, elderberries are proven to help fight colds, flus and upper respiratory tract infections.
• Clinical trial have shown it to reduce the severity and length of influenza virus (by half*).
• Antioxidant rich
• Study - those on elderberries reported improved symptoms after 3-4 days, while placebo group reported 8 days.*
• Rich in vitamin A, C, Calcium, potassium, folate and iron and phytonutrients.
• Rich in Flavanoids which block the ability of virus to cause infection Rosehips
• Rich source of vitamin C with 1700-2000mg per 1000g
• 1 tablespoon provides 50% of daily allowance
• One of the highest natural sources of vitamin C
• Rich in antioxidants Astragalus
• Powerful adaptogenic herb
• Actively supports the body’s natural defence mechanisms with preventing imbalance from potential irritants
• Clinically proven to “possess both immune boosting and anti-inflammatory/immune-regulatory effects” -BIOGENA WEBSITE FOR REFERENCES
Suggested Dosage and Preparation
• Everyday Echinacea - Use if been exposed to cold or virus or suspect you may be developing one
• Emergancy Elderberry - Use if showing symptoms • Tincture - 15 drops diluted in a little water, 3 times per day
• Immuni-Tea - 1-2 teaspoons per cup, 1-2 cups daily as preventative or 3 cups per day if sick
• For convenience and ease, we have included a strainer to simply infuse your Immuni-tea, however, Immuni-Tea is most effective when brought to a boil and simmered for up to 30 minutes.
• Serving suggestion - Fresh ginger and local honey may be added to boost the antibacterial and antiviral property of this tea and soothe sore throats while gently decongesting.
Warning - Echinacea and Astragalus may cause aggravation in people with autoimmune diseases as it stimulates the immune system. Echinacea and Astragalus should not be taken by people on immunosuppressive drugs are they counteract their effect. Echinacea should not be used continuously but may be taken ‘everyday’ if you suspect that you have been exposed to a cold or virus.