1. Chew your food properly. 🤤 Digestion starts with the senses so take the time to stop, look at, smell and really taste your food to get that saliva and stomach acid production going. This will aid digestion and increase nutrient absorption.
2. Move more. 🏃🏾♀️Would you believe that living an active lifestyle is actually linked to more variation in gut bacteria? Studies have shown that exercise increases multiple groups of bacteria associated with preventing Leaky Gut as well as Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Crohn’s disease.
3. Eat a varied diet of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and healthy fats. 🥗The more varied the diet, the more varied the gut microbiome. Boosting your intake of plant based foods will also up your fibre which is good for the colon.
4. Include fermented foods. 🍶 Foods like Kefir, Kombucha, Kimchi and Sauerkraut aren’t just delicious but also give your gut a boost of the good stuff while helping to fight against bad bacteria.
5. Reduce sugar, processed foods and refined carbs. 🍩 This is a tough one but sugar actually feeds the bad bacteria in the gut AND causes inflammation in the body which can lead to a number of diseases such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.
Let me know if you decide to give these a go and Good luck! ☺️